Wednesday, May 16, 2012

The Tiny Details

Moving is so much work! I will be leaving BC near the end of June to move to Quebec. There are just so many tiny details to go through. BF and I are forming a list so that we stop fretting so much and have a plan of action. This week I sent my passport off for renewal, he booked a trailer for hauling a few choice items and we are working out all the other details.
We are planning to just keep things we really wont part with and this should all fit in a small trailer. The plan is to drive the the USA to save some money on gas and enjoy a few things along the way. We will sleep in a tent and our two little furmen will sleep in the truck. Its going to be a long drive but I want the piece of mind knowing my most prized items, like a handmade items from my grandparents, will be safely tucked away behind us on the road.
This week I need to contact border patrol to make sure I have all documentation for the furmen and to make sure we don't have a problem getting in and out with all our things.We are also looking into insurance for while we are in the states. I asked yesterday at work if my boss would consider extending my benefits a month or two and he said no problem if I pay his portion and mine. Well.. that would be $320. Eek! We'll figure out an alternative. I also need to keep packing and putting things in my sell/donate piles.
There are so many things to do. Most importantly is forming a list with BF.
It will all be worth it in the end :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Each one feels like a beautifully wrapped gift under the Christmas tree.