On my old blog (Dolly Iris) I would sometimes do a little thing called Musical Mondays. I'm now going to start doing Tuned In Tuesday. Everyone needs music in their life. There is no better feeling than blasting one of your favorite tunes and doing a little boogy in your underpants with a hairbrush to belt out the lyrics. Come on.. you know you do it too ;)
So this week is going to be an oldy but it came on the radio while we were in the car and I just couldnt resist showing BF how I could remember all the words. Lucky him!
Its time to get my butt in gear and get organized. So I'm going to start posting goals again. This week will be a short one for me because Thursday night we are going to leave to go camping with BF family for the weekend. Better get on it if I want to get stuff done :)
Make sure all bills from previous life (BC) are paid in full. I have one for hydro, shaw and msp. Ugh
Send my mom a cheque for some patterns she is picking up for me. Super excited for that! Also I have to send her back some movie tickets she gave me that are no good for Quebec residents. Dang it!
Complete at least one sewing project.
Send off all health receipts for reimbursement from old jobs insurance plan.
Make a minimum of one set of earrings
Work on FB page for small business
Mail off copies of previous years tax info to MSP to try to get reimbursed for over payments
Finally complete and post my 40b440 goals
Post first "What's Cooking Wednesday" post. Yay! I miss doing this.
Complete two postdated entries for while I'm away
10 goals... yeah I like to push it. Seriously though some of these things just need to get done so I can forget about them. A few of them could be lucrative as well so bring it on!!
It feels good to get things done.
What is one major thing you would like to get done this week?
I'm feeling very frustrated right now. When I was a little girl I loved sewing. I would hand stitch barbie clothes and bedding accessorries for all my friends and girl cousins. I absolutely loved it. In highschool I did some more hand stitching for the drama club making little juggling cubes from denim. I also made a few things in sewing class like aprons and such.
Fast forward to now and I've decided that I want to get back into sewing. Well darn it aint easy. I made sure my machine was up and running before I left the Island but now I can't seem to get it to work and my Uncle back home was my handy dandy repair man. I spent over an hour trying to get it going. I hope its just something silly that I'm missing and that it didnt get damaged in the move. Since I'm not really educated about sewing machines and this machine is very old its double frustrating.
The worst part is that I was so darn excited to get working on this. I had my pieces cut out and was all ready to go. I can't wait for BF to get home. He's Mr.Fixit!
Ahhh! The payroll lady at my old job is causing me quite the headaches lately and has sent me into paperwork mayhem. I'm trying to be chill about it but I'm starting to become super annoyed at her. Here is a little list of what I'm dealing with:
1)Last Thursday - Get final pay stubs in the mail and find many errors. I am missing a days pay. I am being charged for things like staff fund (party, cards for people who are ill, etc) on my final cheque and from my vacation pay, I was charged for benefits on both of those as well when I'm not even working there anymore... it goes on.
2) Call Pacific Blue Cross because I can't access claim forms online. They tell me that my benefits were cancelled on June 16th (I finished work on the 20th and was guaranteed to have benefits until the end of the month) and since its been more than 30 days since cancellation there is nothing I can claim anymore. WTF!! They tell me if there has been an error to have payroll call asap and the will resolve it.
3) Send emails both to my former boss (owner of store) and the PL (payroll lady) with all errors listed and letting them know it is urgent to fix as I have over $1000 in claims to process.
4) Store opens so I call and talk to Bossman who says he will get her to take care of it asap and says since I paid an extra months benefits I can keep them until the end of the month. Bonus, except I can't use them until she fixes her mistake.
5) Get an email from PL saying "oops, sorry, I emailed them to fix this". I email her within 2 minutes saying "hey can you CALL them please as I requested". No answer
6) PL is only in on Tuesday and Thursdays so this morning I call PBX they say they haven't received anything from my old employer and to have them call not email as its more efficient and they will resolve it on the spot.
7) Send another email to Bossman and PL stating "help, please Call them". Then call Bossman when store opens and tell him whats happening. PL is in his office and he is asking her questions but I can't hear her end. He sounds exhausted and says they are going to take care of it. I remind him its time sensitive and can be resolved with 1 simple phone call.
Now I'm sitting here waiting.. receipts in hand... annoyed.
So I decide to call the company I had an RRSP match plan through the company with to find out where is my separation package? They say that my employer never informed them I had left the company. AHHHHHHH. So they will initiate things on my end and contact the store to confirm I have left, secure any monies owed to me and then once that is done send me the options package.
Really? I'm starting to get super pissed off. I knew this woman was flaky but this is unbelievable. I'm sure there is more that I forgot to post here.
So here I am reading one of my favorite blogs when I see a comment from AP!!! I'm like no way. Maybe she is just still reading around and commenting (didn't want to get my hopes up) but then I click on her name and YES!!!! she is back.
This is how Asian Pear made me squeal! Onto the blog roll she goes and I could not be any happier. Total awesomesauce. If you haven't read any of her posts before I encourage you to go there now!
I am writing this post from Quebec where I have now lived for two weeks. I'm sorry to have abandoned you all for so long but the move while working full time and doing a major downsize was quite the .... experience.
Things are going well here. We are still settling in. A fair amount of unpacking and shopping needs to be done but we are fairly comfortable. I'm not suffering from any shock of moving to a French province or anything like that.
More to come...