Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Paperwork Mayhem

Ahhh! The payroll lady at my old job is causing me quite the headaches lately and has sent me into paperwork mayhem. I'm trying to be chill about it but I'm starting to become super annoyed at her. Here is a little list of what I'm dealing with:

1)Last Thursday - Get final pay stubs in the mail and find many errors. I am missing a days pay. I am being charged for things like staff fund (party, cards for people who are ill, etc) on my final cheque and from my vacation pay, I was charged for benefits on both of those as well when I'm not even working there anymore... it goes on.

2) Call Pacific Blue Cross because I can't access claim forms online. They tell me that my benefits were cancelled on June 16th (I finished work on the 20th and was guaranteed to have benefits until the end of the month) and since its been more than 30 days since cancellation there is nothing I can claim anymore. WTF!! They tell me if there has been an error to have payroll call asap and the will resolve it.

3) Send emails both to my former boss (owner of store) and the PL (payroll lady) with all errors listed and letting them know it is urgent to fix as I have over $1000 in claims to process.

4) Store opens so I call and talk to Bossman who says he will get her to take care of it asap and says since I paid an extra months benefits I can keep them until the end of the month. Bonus, except I can't use them until she fixes her mistake. 

5) Get an email from PL saying "oops, sorry, I emailed them to fix this". I email her within 2 minutes saying "hey can you CALL them please as I requested". No answer

6) PL is only in on Tuesday and Thursdays so this morning I call PBX they say they haven't received anything from my old employer and to have them call not email as its more efficient and they will resolve it on the spot.

7) Send another email to Bossman and PL stating "help, please Call them". Then call Bossman when store opens and tell him whats happening. PL is in his office and he is asking her questions but I can't hear her end. He sounds exhausted and says they are going to take care of it. I remind him its time sensitive and can be resolved with 1 simple phone call.

Now I'm sitting here waiting.. receipts in hand... annoyed.

:( FML

So I decide to call the company I had an RRSP match plan through the company with to find out where is my separation package? They say that my employer never informed them I had left the company. AHHHHHHH. So they will initiate things on my end and contact the store to confirm I have left, secure any monies owed to me and then once that is done send me the options package.

Really? I'm starting to get super pissed off. I knew this woman was flaky but this is unbelievable. I'm sure there is more that I forgot to post here.

What would you do if you were me?

End Rant

4 comments:

  1. keep detailed records -- every email you have with the various companies, write down notes from phonecalls including who you spoke with, time, if they have an agent number etc. that way, you have proof of what everyone has said will be done. I maybe would ask if you can do a conference call between payroll lady, bluecross and yourself too.

    My worry here would be that you are one person -- I don't know how many people have worked or work at your pharmacy, but I think I could understand your boss's exhaustion.

    Fingers crossed everything works out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow... what a mess!! :( Have any Calgon in the house!? ;) Hope everything works out for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ack. I agree with Laura. It might take some time to work out so keep a paper trail. Write it down on Word or a notebook. Numbers, names of people, reference numbers, dates, everything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Most of it has been sorted out but a few new problems have started because of it. Ugh. I hate paperwork lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Each one feels like a beautifully wrapped gift under the Christmas tree.