Thursday, July 26, 2012

Learning A New Skill Aint Easy

I'm feeling very frustrated right now. When I was a little girl I loved sewing. I would hand stitch barbie clothes and bedding accessorries for all my friends and girl cousins. I absolutely loved it. In highschool I did some more hand stitching for the drama club making little juggling cubes from denim. I also made a few things in sewing class like aprons and such.

Fast forward to now and I've decided that I want to get back into sewing. Well darn it aint easy. I made sure my machine was up and running before I left the Island but now I can't seem to get it to work and my Uncle back home was my handy dandy repair man. I spent over an hour trying to get it going. I hope its just something silly that I'm missing and that it didnt get damaged in the move. Since I'm not really educated about sewing machines and this machine is very old its double frustrating.

The worst part is that I was so darn excited to get working on this. I had my pieces cut out and was all ready to go. I can't wait for BF to get home. He's Mr.Fixit!

3 comments:

  1. I remember learning to use sewing machines in home economics class. Back then it felt really perplexing because I didn't understand how the threads were suppose to go inside. What were you planning to sew anyway? These days I just do all my sewing by hand :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure it's like riding a bike. Once you get back into the hang of things, it'll be like no time has passed. Hopefully, Mr Fixit can uh... fix it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liquid - I am trying to learn some new skills to start my own little craft business. I was trying a basic tissue cover :)

    Asian Pear - He gave it a good try. I need to rethread the machine and see if its made an improvement. Part of me just wants to get a new machine.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Each one feels like a beautifully wrapped gift under the Christmas tree.