Saturday, March 17, 2012

Meeting New Friends and Scoring a Bowling Ball

Right now I'm in Quebec. I've been here since March 1st and will have to leave next Tuesday super early in the morning. If you've read my "about me" page you will understand why I'm here. BF (boyfriend) has a job here. We have always lived in BC together but this is where he is currently working and has been here since mid-November. It sucks. I hadn't taken any vacation all year long and luckily I have a great boss so he let me take off 3 weeks to come here.

Part of this is an experiment. BF wants to move here for a few years. That means if I want our almost 7 year relationship to work out I will have to make the decision to follow. Not an idea I'm too keen on. So I'm out here spending time with him and thinking about what I should do.

Last night we went bowling with a few of BF's friends and family. I was pretty proud of him for suggesting and setting up a couples night so that I could meet some people who are close to him. He even made his first Facebook event. If you know BF personally you would know that this is huge. About 5 people besides us went and I have to say I had a pretty good time.

BF and I have had a running bet for years that if I bowl over 200 and beat him in a single game he will buy me my own bowling ball. Last night I creamed his ass and bowled over 200 TWICE. I have never done that even once in my life that I can remember so I was pretty proud of myself.

More importantly all of his friends seemed very excited to spend time with me and were super friendly to me. 2 people I knew, his brother and his girlfriend, but the other 3 were new to me. There was his cousin and two friends (a couple). I felt bad I didn't get to talk to his cousin really because he didn't seem to be able to understand English and my French is out the window. The couple however said they had been waiting years to meet me and said they can't wait to spend more time with us.

I know BF is trying hard to convince me in his own way that it wont be so bad if I decide to move here. It also shows me he is still very invested in our relationship to be introducing me to his friends.Its still a big decision though. I would be sacrificing a lot in my life right now to move across Canada. Anyway I'll post more on that at another time.

I know whats on your mind. Did I get the ball or not?! Well I want a crazy looking ball. Like rainbow or something. The alley last night only had boring solid colored balls or Habs ball and so I got a rain cheque on that. BF's friends made sure I took pictures as documented proof  to make sure BF ponies up when I find the perfect ball.

Tonight we are hosting a family dinner here so I should get to cleaning up this place. BF is sleeping off his awesome night of excessive drinking after being put to shame by my bowling score. :0) hehehe

What is your highest bowling score?

What is your favorite bet that you've ever won?

3 comments:

  1. Woohoo!!! Good for you creaming his ass!! Haha!! Be sure to post the ball you end up getting!! You should get engraving in it tat says, "I got this shiny new bowling ball by creaming my BFF's ass!!!" hehe!!

    By the way, I LOVE QC, used to live there many moons ago & have visited often as well. Give it a chance! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't want to be a downer but I'm just thinking it may be difficult for you to find a job if you don't speak french :( I feel for you, its a really big decision! Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carla - I will for sure post a picture of the ball. That inscriptions sounds about right.

    HK - You are right but its just another challenge :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Each one feels like a beautifully wrapped gift under the Christmas tree.