Friday, February 8, 2013

Happy Anniversary

Yesterday was our 7 year anniversary. We count from the day we moved in together. It was very nice. Even though I was feeling under the weather we tried to make it special.

BF made reservations at my favorite restaurant. It's this tiny little Chinese restaurant that makes amazing food. There are NO Chinese places near our house which makes me so sad. I love this little place. It's in an area that is older and lined with amazing shops and places to eat. The interior is cozy with real tablecloths and candles lit on each table. We get to bring our own wine and I love that.

We chose a meal for 2 that lets us have a whole variety of stuff. I'm a girl who likes to try a little bit of everything. Usually when we go out BF and I will order meals we both like and share. This is how I know we're meant to be :)

Afterwards he asked if I wanted to take a nice stroll around the pretty streets all lit up with white twinkling lights. It was a joke though as it was FREEZING outside. I said I'd love to but maybe once the weather is a little bit warmer.

I had bought a nice dessert earlier in the day to share at home but once we arrived we were just so tired we went to bed. So we passed out with our two little furbabies and called it a night. I loved it.

Something big did happen at dinner though. BF said something out of the blue that brought tears to my eyes. No, it wasn't a marriage proposal. I'm not sure if I'm ready to discuss it here on the blog though. I'm kind of still processing it all. Sorry to be vague. I think I just need to spend some time sorting out my thoughts and feelings about it first. It's nothing negative. Just.. surprising.

Anyways.. we were planning to go Ottawa for the weekend but then BF was offered a ticket to join in with a few other guys to see a Habs game. Well.. I decided he must go. I mean the opportunity does not come around a lot and I knew how much it would mean to him. So I told him we'd put off the weekend trip until the first weekend of March. That way we can plan things out a little better.

So... any suggestions for what's good to do in Ottawa?

4 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary!! Whatever he said, I'm glad it was something pleasant :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you like scones, go to Scone Witch. SOO good. And a good pho place called Pho Bo Ga La. Oooh. And get a Beaver Tail. (Sorry, I'm a complete foodie. But restaurants and food is the most important/memorable things for me on a trip.)

    Parliament is actually pretty cool tour and it's free too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary! Sounds like it was a wonderful night!! :) What's good to do in Ottawa... hmm.. skating? Museums? Art Gallerys?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went to Ottawa when i was 14. We loved the Science and Technology museum and our tour of parliament.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Each one feels like a beautifully wrapped gift under the Christmas tree.