Friday, February 8, 2013

Sinus Infection

I'm home sick from school today. It really sucks cuz Fridays are the best day at school. So I'm on the couch catching up on all the happenings of my internet life. I could do without the pain from the sinus problems though. I have a pretty good idea of why it happened.

There are a LOT of smokers here. It's pretty gross. You can't go anywhere without running into people smoking. When I leave school I have to walk through what feels like a tunnel of smokers. There is literally about 40-50 people that smoke in that parking lot. I try to hold my breath but it's pretty far. People also break the rules and smoke just inside the double doors in the mall. That is where I wait for BF to pick me up every day. The smell is so bad it hits you 50 feet from the doors. Just walking through it as a nonsmoker you'd get a head rush. I try to stand back from that area and watch for him. Sometimes I go outside but it's freezing. Brr

I'm very allergic to cigarette smoke. If I'm around a smoker I will get immediate sinus problems. It really sucks. It turns out the woman I am supposed to share a locker with is a smoker. I can't keep my stuff in there because it smells awful. I asked to switch but the lockers are all taken. Between the smokers, the freezing cold temperatures and my super sensitive sinuses I think this is going to be a hard winter/spring for me.

When I had my wisdom teeth removed I was warned it could make my sinus issues worse. I don't think that it has. I think it's just the environmental issues. I'm thinking of emailing a letter to the administration of the mall regarding that doorway. It's kind of in a far off spot so I think that's why it's kind of like a hang out for teenagers. Until the new Target store goes in I think it will stay that way. Maybe if I send them a note they'll look into it. Who wants to chain smoke in a mall entrance anyways?

So that is my whiny sick post. Feel bad for me :( lol

2 comments:

  1. Eewww..!! I feel VERY bad for you! I'm the same way.. it's a disgusting habit. :( Hope you find a way to avoid it soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Each one feels like a beautifully wrapped gift under the Christmas tree.