Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Couch Issue Resolved

So we have finally resolved our couch issue but it wasn't a totally happy ending. After over a month of dealing with this crap company we finally (by hounding them) found out we had been approved for an exchange on the part of the sectional that was damaged. We went there last Friday to pick it up but things didnt go as planned.

We brought the damaged couch to the store in BF's Fathers trailer where it was being stored and waited for them to bring us a new one. When they brought it to us we asked to inspect the couch before loading it. They tried to tell us it was against policy but we were very firm that we were not going to go through the same experience twice.

We opened it up and low and behold this one was damaged too! Earlier in the week they had 3 available and now there was only this one. I was immediately pissed off. Everything around me was very tense and in French. I told BF that this was completely unacceptable and that I refused to take this couch and demanded a new one because thats what we paid for over a freaking month ago.

There was very much discussion and debating. Finally somebody came up with the suggestion we check the store model couch. Since I had already seen the model the first time we were there and it too had been damaged I was unimpressed but when we went to look at it there was no damage at all. What are these guys playing at? They offer us the model couch or else we will have to wait a minimum of 6 weeks for the 2nd half of our sectional. BF and his father suggest they give us a discount since its the floor model and we've been extremely patient. The man says he can't do that. More heated debate in French. BF turns to me and says "well you decide".

You have to understand that when there is all of this going on and I can't understand and am then expected to make a decision that I am very confused. There are 3 sales people, BF's parents and the two of us. I ask to speak privately with BF and we go into another room where I started crying. I told him I can't help but feel like we are being put into a corner. No discount for a used sofa? We don't want to wait 6 weeks for a couch and then have the next shipment be damaged as well. It was all very stressful. Not to mention we saved up for this couch and spent a long time looking for it. It was our first new piece of furniture we bought in Quebec. It was a little more than heartbreaking.

Finally I tell BF I just want this to be over. I don't want to deal with these scumbags. Since there is no way we could do a full return we might as well take this one because its not damaged. BF suggests to the manager that we exchange the cushion from the new one we returned and the store model. BF's mother pulls me aside and makes me feel better. BF's father seems a bit annoyed but ends up laughing it off in the end. BF shows me a super cheap table that they are selling to which I just simply state "oh FUCK no".

So its over... we have our couch. Can you believe this? Never do business with Liquidaxion. I'm going to be doing reviews on every search that comes up on the internet. Holy cheeseballs!

This is a stock  photo of the couch:

 
 
Kitten Approved
 


 Yes he really sleeps like that!

Best buds 4 Ever!

 
 
 
Unfortunately Chipotle loves the couch a little too much and has already discovered how to find his way into the bottom. Luckly its not noticeable so we're not distraught over it. Darn kitty is lucky he's so loveable. Here he is in caught in the act....
 
 
End rant! :)

2 comments:

  1. awwwh. Chipotle is adorable in the last pic! (What is the other called?)

    Well, it's not exactly a happy ending but at least it's over. You've filed at the Better Business Bureau or Consumer Services or whatever the equivalent in Quebec already right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks AP! The other one is named Pepper (Pepe for short because he's like a grumpy old man).
    Yes, I've kept notes of everything so I'm going to send it in to Quebec Consumer Protection but I don't think they broke any official rules so I'm not sure how far it would go. I think my best route is to spread the word so other people don't get screwed like me.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Each one feels like a beautifully wrapped gift under the Christmas tree.