Wednesday, September 5, 2012

September Savings Challenge Update

So I got to do a little banking today online and make some progress towards my goals. I put 50% of my income into savings. That added $310. Then I noticed I had some money left over from the last two weeks in my ING chequing so I considered that a "bonus" and moved half of that over as well as per my goals.
So that is a total increase of $380 so far. I am now $620 away from my ultimate goal of saving $1000 this month. $310 of that will be deposited when I am paid in two weeks and $100 of that will be from my ASP at the end of the month. That means I need to find $210 still in bonus money.
I do have that cheque still from my old employer. It probably won't get deposited for another week or two when we are out running errands on weekends. If I just use 50% of that it will give me approximately another $60. So then I still need $150.
Good news is yesterday morning I call PBX and the woman there recognized me and said she had already checked and the stop payment on the old cheque went through and they would be resending the new cheque to my correct address sometime this week. If that goes through I'm golden.

Hope I didn't just jinx myself! Very excited!!!

1 comment:

Thanks for commenting! Each one feels like a beautifully wrapped gift under the Christmas tree.