Saturday, December 8, 2012

Christmas Coupons


So I talked it over with my SIL and I am definitely doing coupons as Christmas gifts for all of our nephews. It's a great way for us to spend time with our nephews and it's exciting for them at the same time. They have something to look forward to.

My SIL told me that the "Movie Night out with a Friend" coupon we gave our nephew for his birthday has been all that he talks about since he got it last month. He is cashing it in tomorrow. He chose to bring his cousin along which is so cute and shows how close this family it.

I'm still struggling on what we should do for coupons. BF hasn't been much help but that's usually the way it goes with crafty type things unless they require power tools. I know I'm just going to have to make a list and then let him say yes or no to things and go from there. Christmas is getting close though so I'm hoping to sort out at least the options part of it this weekend.

Here is what I am thinking so far:

  • 3D Cinema Night at our house (we purchased a smart 3D TV awhile back and I forgot to post it)
  • Bowling Night (we did this once already with 3/4 of them all at once.. challenging but worth it
  • Backyard Camp Out Night
  • Picnic in the Park
  • Strawberry Picking (not sure about this.. a lot of little boys covered in strawberry juice in our car)
  • .................
Still deciding. Waiting for BF to give some input. I was originally thinking 10 coupons but now I realize it's hard to make plans to actually do some of these things and it's really just for fun. We will be doing a lot more fun stuff with them all through out the year. I'm thinking 5-6 coupons and everyone's will of course be the same. 

The other awesome part of this is that it's really a gift for them AND their parents. When the kids are out with us the parents will have free time without the kidlets. I think that's why my SIL likes it so much. Heehee. Well actually she likes to keep their personal possessions to a minimum. Instead she prefers they play using their imaginations and creativity. You should see what they come up with. They always make their own fun which I think is great and something I plan to do with my own children.

The adults are not exchanging gifts at all. I might make some cookies or something and give them out. I wanted to make magnets with the kids faces but I'm still figuring that out so I'm not sure if they'll be ready by then. I was also thinking of dryer balls but that depends on if I can get my hands on some wool before then. Many ideas but not a lot of time. 

I might pair the boys coupons with personalized rice key chains. I'll post a pic soon of what I'm referring too.

Are you hand making any gifts this year?


1 comment:

  1. I'm not making any gifts this year except for one pan of brownies. Most are just getting cards with candy canes. A select few are getting actual gifts but these are all under $10. It's a low budget Christmas this year.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Each one feels like a beautifully wrapped gift under the Christmas tree.