Thursday, December 27, 2012

Homemade Christmas Gifts

I promised a to show you all the rice key chains I made for our nephews as well as the wine charms I made for my mother in law. I think both went over quite well. I kept the key chains super simple in comparison to the one I did for my Secret Santa 2 weeks ago.

So first the key chains. I took the longer chain off and didn't add any extra detail charms to it. Kept them all the same color so they would be "equal". They thought they were pretty cool. It was a fun project for me and it helps me start to build a gallery of photos for my little online shop I hope to open in April. These are just one of the things I will be selling.




Here are the wine charms. In the picture I see that on my laptop 3 of the colors look the same. There is actually a clear, silver and light green that look similar in the photo but not in real life. I will definitely be adding some new colors to my seed bead collection in the future. I just used what I had on hand. The hematite dangling bead are ones that I picked out a few weeks ago with my MIL. They didn't work out for another project I was working on but worked well for this. I was fortunate to have everything I needed to make these in my stock pile. I needed to make 8 as that is how many adults we have in the family on this side.
 For my first time making them I thought they turned out pretty good. She liked them and needed a set for sure. At every family gathering we are forever asking "who's glass is this?". Everyone at the party seemed to think they were pretty cute. I can't wait to see them at the next family dinner.

They were pretty easy to make. I see myself making a lot more in the future. I have a lot of ideas in my head and beads that I need to use up. I will just be making them in sets of 4 or 6 though.

So what do you guys think? Honest opinions please. I'll be making some more over the next few weeks that I will be sure to share with you guys.

4 comments:

  1. How on earth do you write their names on rice? They're so small. o_O;

    I like the wine charms but I'm not fond of the diamond but that's just my personal aestethic. I like things that are more simpler looking. It is a very good product though. If you do more elaborate designs, you can probably do beaded rings and bracelets too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use a small pen and write really tiny. LoL. It's been a long time since I've been doing it so it's taken a bit of practice to get back into.

    The diamond is a bead I knew my MIL would like because when I picked it out for another project she told me then it was really pretty. I've already used them twice at her house which is awesome to know she is using them. The designs I have in mind are all over the place. Some very simple. Some elaborate. :) They are fun to do.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Each one feels like a beautifully wrapped gift under the Christmas tree.