Wednesday, November 14, 2012

What's Cooking Wednesday - Egg Chart

Today I'm playing "Chopped" in the kitchen. I have some eggs that are just passed expiry, potatoes that are starting to grow eyeballs, celery that wants some love and some leftover cooked bacon. This in my home equals some serious potato salad.

I was a little concerned about the eggs but then I remembered a little chart I had seen online. Behold the egg test chart :




My eggs were starting to stand up so I did a little happy chance. We only buy free range eggs so I would hate to waste any because they are 2-3 times the price of regular eggs. Woohoo! Now I'm off to make that salad. Mmm, can't wait!

2 comments:

  1. So...? Did it work? Was the eggs still good?
    And btw, with those ingredients, that'd be a pretty righteous yummy potato salad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it worked. Got to love it!
      We're still working on the potato salad but it's very delicious. Add in some mayo, dijon mustard, salt and pepper. Good to go :) Oh.. I also mash some egg into the mayo and leave some chunks.

      Delete

Thanks for commenting! Each one feels like a beautifully wrapped gift under the Christmas tree.