Thursday, November 1, 2012

The Numbers

September
Travel Fund - 380
Wedding Fund - 300
Furniture Fund - 250
House Fund - 700
EFund/TFSA - 2.68
-----------------------------
Total Savings $1632.68


In September I managed to put $1000 towards my savings which brought me to the above total. My October goal was to hit the $1000 mark again. I had a lot of unusual expenses in October due to the holidays, my friend visiting and of course my own birthday :)

Here are the numbers for the end of October:

October
Travel Fund - 400.45
Wedding Fund - 400.40
Health Fund - 321.82
House Fund - 1500.00
EFund/TFSA - 10.01
-------------------------------
Total Savings $2632.68

I did it!!!! I barely did it but I did. It was a 3 pay period month for me but since I had a lot of extra expenses it was a big challenge for me. Not one I'll be able to repeat for awhile sadly. I am very happy with my progress over such a small period of time though. 

My savings goals for November are:

  1. Save $600
  2. Set goal amounts for each savings account
While I'm feeling great about getting back on track with my savings I feel that I need to set some goals. It's great to save and have money put aside but I need to figure out how much I actually need in each account. It feels so much more exciting and rewarding to work towards an actual set amount. So it's time for me to sit down and consider what I need to have realistically for the future. 

What is your biggest savings goal right now?

4 comments:

  1. That's awesome!! :) Don't you just love the "good" money months?! lol! My goal right now is to figure out & save a mini e-fund and top off my EF to $3K.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure do! Wish there were more of them :)
      Good luck on reaching your goal!

      Delete
  2. woah. that's amazing. Good for you!

    My biggest savings goal is to reach at least $2500 for this year's TFSA cap. My original goal was $5K but it's been severely hit due to the AC breakdown in the summer. So if I can hit half of that, I'd be happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My biggest savings goals right now is my emergency fund and my grown up fund aka stuff I'm going to need for my new room.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Each one feels like a beautifully wrapped gift under the Christmas tree.