Monday, October 15, 2012

I Have Amazing Friends


So my birthday is next weekend. I haven't been looking forward to it all. I haven't made any friends since I've been here and its a big number. I'm turning 30. There is something horribly awkward about this number. Not only am I leaving my twenties behind but it makes your wind whirl with all the things you thought you'd have accomplished by this milestone. So I've been feeling cranky about it.

Here comes the silver lining. I have amazing friends. One of my best friends is taking a trip out from BC just to be here for my big 3-0. He'll be staying with us for a week which is the best news I've had in a very long time. I am SOOO homesick. I need a friend to hang out with and chat with. I need somebody from my home life to relate to. Somebody who can go out and wreak havoc with me in the streets of Quebec, lol.

It couldn't have happened at a better time. I'm desperate for the interaction with somebody I care for deeply. This is the sign of true friendship. My friend moved out East many years ago to pursue his educational goals. He says he remembers the secluded feeling and wishes to cheer me up by coming out to check out my new life here.

He arrives on Wednesday. I couldn't be anymore exited :)

1 comment:

Thanks for commenting! Each one feels like a beautifully wrapped gift under the Christmas tree.