Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Savings Plan Mishap

I've decided to rename one of my savings accounts. BF and I have decided not to buy anymore furniture until we buy our house. We figure we can get by on what we have until then. If we do make any purchases they will be smaller and I don't feel I need to save especially for that anymore. 
Then I realized that there is a big gaping hole in my savings plan. I have nothing put away for health! I've decided to remedy this right away and this will replace the furniture fund. This account will be for many things.
  1. Vet Bills - My furchildren have annual exams and vaccines coming up. Better put away for that a bit at a time. Nobody ever wants to imagine their kids getting sick but just in case I better have something available to pay the bill
  2. Dental - I know I will at some point need some major dental work done. Not sure if I posted this here but before the move my crown snapped, breaking the little bit of tooth was there and pulling out the post. Its glued in again but I was warned that I will need to fix it at some point because it was temporary. He said my post on the other side was almost ready to give too. Eek! We have no dental through BF's work plan.
  3. Spectacles - I need some new glasses. I hate shopping for frames. I might get an eye exam done and buy new ones whenever it is that I visit BC so I can go with my patient Mommabear :) We are lucky to have partial coverage on the glasses but not the exam.
  4. Orthotics - Mine are overdue to be replaced. BF's insurance will cover a portion of these but on average they cost about $500.
How could this have slipped my mind? Well it's on my radar now so I'll have to add it to my priority savings list. It's like trying to squeeze water from a stone but I'll make it work.

Is there something in your savings plan that you've overlooked? 


1 comment:

  1. That's a great idea. The less furniture you buy, the less you'll have to move:) We actually didn't do medical for a while too and then realized that it quickly adds up!! So now we have some money put aside for it too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Each one feels like a beautifully wrapped gift under the Christmas tree.