Monday, August 20, 2012

Confidence Issues

I think the hardest part about being a crafter is having the confidence to put your stuff out there for sale. Sometimes it can freeze me into not even starting a project. I am a HUGE perfectionist and I was everything to be absolutely perfect. I feel if its not I'm selling something hugely flawed and ugly.

I've sold my stuff successfully before and had a ton of comments on how beautiful my pieces were but it still didn't help me get over this hump. I took a few classes and had compliments from the instructors but that didn't seem to work either for my confidence level. I just can't seem to figure it out. I'm totally insecure.

Sometimes *and this is going to sound amazing evil* I see some other persons crafts and I think really? I know know... evil Ashley. Yet they have an audience and totally love the product they are putting out there.

What is wrong with me? Why am I so cynical?

Anybody else out there have this fear? :(

2 comments:

  1. If people are buying your items, they are being well received!! :) Honestly, I feel the same way with my items... I can usually pick out "flaws", but all handmade items have special little "quirks", so I encourage to take pride in your talent & be proud of your creations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't make anything. So I have nothing to sell.

    With that now said, I agree with Carla. You have skills. Showcase them! Because people like me who cannot make anything will want to buy! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Each one feels like a beautifully wrapped gift under the Christmas tree.