Monday, August 27, 2012

Really? PBX I'm ready for us to be over!


I don't want to use my blog as a constant place to complain but I am always amazed at how many things can go wrong. Today I called Pacific Blue Cross to try and wrap up all the details from 2 months ago. If you are new then I will do a brief refresher on the situation.

I left my job on June 19th. I was supposed to have benefits at least until the end of June. The woman in charge of payroll (who had always been a headache) cancelled my benefits on June 16th. WTF? Once my benefits were cancelled I had one month to submit all claims for reimbursement or they were in valid. During that time I was moving. It wasn't until I arrived in Quebec and finally got my final pay stubs and such that I found out something was wrong.

1) I was charged for an extra months benefits (among many other wrong items)

2) My benefits had been cancelled 14 days earlier than expected so now all my claims that I had to make were invalid.

It was a nightmare to get the PR woman to fix! I was so annoyed. Everything of mine she could have made a mistake with she did so I CC'd everything I emailed to her to my former boss as well and followed up with phone calls. It took her weeks to straighten out and by then they were cancelled again. Ugh

Its been over a month since I sent in my claims and now the deadline is in just a few days. I called this morning to inquire if they had recieved them because if not I will send a fax tomororrw. I talked to CSR and the woman there told me they had recieved and processed a cheque for me. Then she tells me they sent it to my old BC address. *sigh*

I explain that I had called in twice before moving to update my mailing address. I had called in after the move to verify the new address on file. I wrote the new address in the tiny little fields of the claim form marked "mailing address". The woman said this is not good enough. She insisted that I had done it wrong and that my old employer was the only one who could change the address on file. WTF!!!!

So what were all the other phone calls and forms about? Wow, it just doesnt make any sense to me. So she is putting a stop payment on the cheque sent and next week she is going to call me to verify that it wasn't cashed in that time and then they will send me a new cheque. So I wrote down her name and her extension number and I guess I play the waiting again. Even when I carefully plan ahead and triple check everything it still doesn't go my way. Yeesh!

I am going to try to look at the positive side of this. The silver lining is that they did recieve my documents. Yay Canada Post! They processed the claims and I'm getting money back. That is awesome too. That is two things to be happy about.

Now wish me luck as I call about the couch we were supposed to have exchanged by the latest last week :)

3 comments:

  1. omg... what a pain in the neck. I'm so glad that my benefits isn't with them. O_O;; I hope you get your money soon... AND a new couch!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah and I forgot to mention how once my benefits were up PBX couldn't get my online account to work. They promised to fix it and follow up but did not. The also promised to send me copies of all the claims I had made since I couldn't access them and they failed on that also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh!! I swear something like this always happens doesn't it?!? I hope you can get everything figured out!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Each one feels like a beautifully wrapped gift under the Christmas tree.