Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Savings Challenge

Lately I've just started saving my money again. Since we've been back from our year of travels (oh how I miss it) which depleted all my savings it seems something always came up. I had weddings to attend, baby showers to throw, I had my wisdom teeth removed, we moved across Canada, we bought two cats and had to have them neutered, tattoed and vaccinated. Well now its time to focus back on savings.

I retitled my savings accounts last week and threw some money into most of them. Here is where they sit right now:

Travel Fund: $50.74

Wedding Fund: $50.12

Furniture Fund: $130.26 

House Fund: $50.14

EFund (TFSA): $2.67

Thats a total of $283.93

I wasn't sure if I was going to be posting these types of things anymore but I realized its definitely movitated me in the past. My blog is still fairly anonymous. Only people I truly trust have the link. If anyone I dislike finds their way over here... well cheers to them. Watch me improve my life. Big deal.

ING has a promotion right now that if you start an Automated Savings Plan with them putting away $100 monthly for 6 months they will reward you with a $25 bonus. Yes, I think I'll take you up on that offer ING. I recently got a $50 bonus from them when somebody used my referral code to sign up for her account. I heart ING in a big way. If you'd like to start up with ING please feel free to use my code (orange key) as we will both get a bonus when you do. My orange key is 17037983S1  :)

Carla is hosting a savings challenge for September. If you would like to join us please see the details here. I'm excited to get started. I'm not sure how long this ING promotion is on for so I'm getting started today! I will post by September 3rd what my actual goals will be as I'm still figuring that part out. Stay tuned for that one.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome girl!! I LOVE your attitude! I think you're going to do awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Carla for starting this challenge. I needed a good kick the pants!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, if it makes you feel better, if your BF can't find your blog then your friends won't either. So post away! :D Good luck with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Each one feels like a beautifully wrapped gift under the Christmas tree.